These are certainly different times than we are used to, but as a community, this new environment is one that we are more than capable of adapting to. During this COVID-19 Pandemic, we owe it to those that are more vulnerable, to ensure the health system is not overloaded. We can do this with a simple act of consideration, by increasing social distancing we can reduce the spread of the virus and avoid any major spikes in demand for health care.
As a major importer and retailer of bicycles in the US and Australia, we are looking to get ahead of the situation. For our staff and customers, this is what you should expect from Bikes Online:
- Until further notice, orders will continue to be shipped out as usual. We always strive to have your order shipped within 24 hours Monday - Friday 8am-5pm PST), but during this period, please allow 72 business hours (this excludes weekends) for orders to ship.
- The office and customer service staff are working from home. We are still able to take your calls, answer your emails, and help you with any questions you might have about cycling.
- Technical questions and warranty requests might see some delays.
- Limited staff working from our office to minimize use of public transport and ride to work if possible.
- We canceled all non-essential staff travel for the time being.
- We are unable to accept returns on helmets or apparel during this time.
From a commercial aspect, Bikes Online is well placed to weather the storm, and there is no longer a supply issue out of our factories in Asia. We should be able to see some bike models that have been out of stock for a couple of months, to return back to stock. Additionally, by providing a platform to purchase bicycles and accessories online and have them delivered directly to your door, we hope we can play a positive role in encouraging cycling during this difficult period - it is, after all, a great form of social distancing and staying healthy.
So please consider those more likely to be affected; socially distance yourself, wash your hands and ride your bike!
James and Jono