Free 14-Day Bike Returns Policy
We’re so confident that you’ll love our extensive range of bikes, that we’ll let you return the bike for free in the first 14 days if you don’t! That's right, we’ll offer you a full refund for the bike, and also pick it up from you free of charge!
Just make sure you keep the original box and packaging so you can send it back, and make sure you follow the conditions below.
Bike Return Terms & Conditions
1. The Free 14-Day Bike Return is available on all bikes at Bikes Online. The Free 14-day period commences from the date of delivery. Intention to return the bike within the parameters of the scheme must be notified by contacting us here within 14 calendar days from the date of delivery.
2. Bikes can be unpacked and assembled for sizing and inspection purposes only. Bikes cannot be taken on test rides, where the bike can suffer wear and tear. Failing to reasonably comply with these terms, and returning bikes that are not in “as new” condition, will attract a minimum fee of $50, or potentially even void the right to refund.
If your bike was already damaged when you received it, please report the damage as soon as possible. Please take photos of the damage and email them to us via our contact us form.
Bikes must be packaged safely in the same original packaging used to deliver the bike to you. This includes the packaging of the frame, wheels and components. Please retain the packaging in the event of a return.
Our reboxing video demonstrates how to securely pack the bike back up into our Bike Guard Box. Please see the link below:
3. Damage caused by improper use, abuse of the policy or incorrect assembly - such as pedal threads being damaged, dirt on the tires, scratches on the frame, or any other damages, will be charged at full retail rates.
4. Bikes Online will organize a FREE pick up of the bike from your designated address in the event of a return. You will be required to be present on the scheduled day of the pick up in order to hand the bike over to the shipping company.
5. If the bike incurs damage during the return transit due to inadequate packaging by the customer, Bikes Online reserves the right to charge the customer the cost of replacement of the damaged part or component. Please check out our instructional video on How to pack a bike for return.
6. Refunds will be available once one of our mechanics has thoroughly inspected the bike. Please be aware this process can take up to 10 business days once the bike is received in our warehouse. Failing the inspection, customers will be contacted about the break of policy and fees.
7. Bear in mind that some banks can take up to 10 business days to finalize the transaction after we issue the refund.
8. Return shipping within our 14-day policy is free of charge. The initial delivery cost is not refundable. In case of an exchange, we will ship the bike back free of charge.
9. Outside of the 14-day policy, we will not accept returns. Your bike is fully covered by the manufacturer’s consumer guarantee.
FAQ for Bike Return Terms & Conditions
What if I want to keep my bike?
Great! Just keep on riding!
Outside of the 14 days free return period, your bike is still covered by the manufacturer's consumer guarantee .
What if I want to return my bike after the Free 14-Day Bike Return period?
Outside of the Free 14-Day Bike Return period, bicycles will only be accepted back within 30 days of purchase and only if they are new and unused.
Please contact us prior to returning a bike to ensure that we can advise you on the best and cheapest method of getting this resolved. Postage costs to return the bike are payable by the customer after the 14-day bike return period.
What if I received a damaged bike in transit?
In case you have received a bike that has an issue, contact us within the first 14 days for a resolution. First, take photos or a video (less than 20Mb) of the issue and email them along with an explanation to us via our contact us form.
If you decide to carry out the repair yourself inadequate professional knowledge can lead to serious accidents to self and product. Bikes Online is not liable for any damage or injury resulting from these attempts. This applies particularly to damage resulting from incorrect repairs as outlined in the Bicyclesonline user manual. If in doubt we would prefer to arrange an agreed solution that provides the best and safest outcome for yourself and Bicyclesonline.
What about my accessories?
Our normal returns policy applies to unused accessories. Please check our policy on Parts & Accessories by clicking here.
How is the bike being picked up from my address?
Bikes Online will schedule your packaged bike to be picked up for free, we will work with you to arrange a date for the bike to be collected from your designated address. Make sure to be present at the scheduled date in order to hand the bike over to the delivery company. If your bike is left outside and stolen, we are not responsible for this.
When will I get my refund?
Refunds will be available once one of our mechanics has thoroughly inspected it. Please be aware this process can take up to 10 business days once the bike is received. Failing the inspection, customers will be contacted about the break of policy and fees.
Bear in mind that some banks can take up to 10 business days to finalize the transaction after we issue the refund.
Return shipping within our 14-day policy is free of charge.